Social Rights Alliance
The Social Rights Alliance of the North East (SRANE) is a regional network for organisations and individuals.Together, we promote and defend social rights to build a North East in which everyone can thrive. We work to hold public authorities across the region accountable.
What we are about:
- Campaign for change in the North East that helps more people access their rights
- Encourage a shift in the narrative around social rights and their importance
- Share ideas and examples of best practice from around the region
- Hold public authorities across the North East to account to make sure they respect international human rights law. We will work with them to improve policies, procedures and practice
- Promote the implementation of the socio-economic duty across the region
Everyone has the right to good education, adequate housing, public healthcare, quality food, strong social security and a decent standard of living.
UK government and local authorities must ensure these rights for everyone without discrimination.
Public authorities are accountable to the people.
Let’s transform. I want to be proud of a society based on social rights and equality.
Have your say!
Share your experiences and have your say in how SRANE advances social rights in the North East – download our Talk.Act.Change toolkit.
This toolkit is designed to get people talking about social rights and the change we’d like to see. Your responses help us to decide where we focus our campaigning energy and give us a greater understanding of the issues experienced across the region.