Social Rights Alliance
The Social Rights Alliance of the North East (SRANE) is a collective, regional network for organisations and individuals to understand and defend social rights and build a North East in which everyone can thrive. Together we work to hold public authorities across the region accountable. We aim to:
- Campaign for change both locally and nationally
- Encourage a shift in the narrative around social rights and their importance
- Share ideas and examples of best practice from around the region
- Hold public authorities across the North East to account to ensure their policies comply with international human rights law, and work with them to improve policies, procedures and practice
- Campaign for the introduction of economic and social rights in domestic law
- Promote the implementation of the socio-economic duty in each of the authorities across the region
Sign Our Pledge
Everyone has the right to good education, adequate housing, public healthcare, quality food, strong social security and a decent standard of living.
UK government and local authorities must ensure these rights for everyone without discrimination.
Public authorities are accountable to the people.
Let’s transform. I want to be proud of a society based on social rights and equality.
We want to hear from you!
Share your experiences and have your say in how SRANE advances social rights in the North East – download our Talk.Act.Change toolkit.
This toolkit is designed to get people talking about social rights and the change we’d like to see. Your responses help us to decide where we focus our campaigning energy and give us a greater understanding of the issues experienced across the region.
If you are interested in getting involved in our work in the North East, or want to find out more, contact the North East regional manager, Anya Bonner at email@example.com.