On 5 March, we joined NGO representatives from across the world to engage in an annual NGO meeting with the Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights. The Committee of human rights experts monitors States’ compliance with the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.
The Committee and NGO representatives discussed:
- Recent move to online and virtual work
- COVID-19 pandemic
- Communications procedure under OP-ICESCR
- Oversight and implementation of follow-up recommendations
- General Comment on Land, and General Comment on Sustainable Development and the ICESCR
- Thematic issues (global food systems, business and human rights, the impact of COVID-19, including on mental health, and climate change)
For more information contact ‘[email protected]’.