We sent a response to the Equality and Human Rights Commission on their Draft Strategic Plan. In our submission we welcomed their work to make the consultation process more accessible and suggested two important areas that we believe should inform their work over the next three years, and two specific issues for each area:
- Maintaining the current realisation of human rights and equality protections
- Protect and promote the Human Rights Act
- Work to protect rights and equalities at risk following the UK’s exit from the European Union
- Advancing the realisation of human rights and equality protections
- Work to realise rights contained within the seven human rights treaties – (ICERD, ICESCR, ICCPR, CEDAW, CAT, CRC and CRPD)
- Work to ensure the effective enactment and enforcement of Section 1 of the Equality Act 2010 in England
We were pleased that Surviving Economic Abuse chose to endorse our submission.